Thursday 4 April 2019

Refugee day

As-salaam Alaikum everyone


On Thursday the fourth of April we had refugee day so we could raise money for the South Sudanese people. It was also a part of our R.E. studies.

We built houses out of boxes and we ate half a cup of rice in a bowl. In my group were my friends: Molly and Amelia. We built a hut using a big white box. We bent it so it looked like a tent. Then we got two other boxes and they were the tunnel and the wall. We cut the side of the box for a window, one on the roof and the other on the side. We ate our rice on the table outside. We made that out of another small box.  The rice was delicious the refugees wouldn't of had rice that good though. We went down to the tarp over the jumping pit and got some water from it with our bowls. It was surprisingly clean! We took it back on our heads. then everybody copied us.


I loved doing the refugee day but I wouldn't like to live like that. This day has made me realise how good our life is compared to theirs. I feel sorry for them, I hope you feel the same. If you do then why don't you donate money to Caritas? It would really help!

Here are some photos:













No comments:

Post a Comment

Zones Athlectics

Kia Ora everyone! Yesterday, the 6th of November I went to zones. I went to zones because In my school athletics I came 3rd in long dista...