Tuesday 2 April 2019

South sudan story (made up)

Hello everybody

This is a little story about life in a refugee camp.



I woke up in a tiny tent after a nearly sleepless night. I’m not looking forward to dreading the day ahead. I have to walk around 3 kilometres to get to the water pump. I swing on the handle until the water comes out.

When I have enough I’ve got to go and collect the food from the market. Don’t forget this is a very hot day.  I’m at the market and I get fish and rice and walk home with them on my head. We eat a bit of it.

Now I have free time. I can go and play with my friends, I play volleyball my teams wins! Some people from Caritas came to take photos of us for a video. We smile. My friends and I like having our photo taken.

After a long day of playing I go home and have a bit more of the food, I try my very best to sleep but in this heat it is nearly impossible! Soon I’ll wake up for another day in this camp.


Image result for south sudanese children playing volleyball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zones Athlectics

Kia Ora everyone! Yesterday, the 6th of November I went to zones. I went to zones because In my school athletics I came 3rd in long dista...