Monday 1 April 2019

Korfball

Kia Ora everybody

This week we had the pleasure of being taught Korfball. Korfball is similar to netball and basketball.
The rules are:


There are two hoops, two teams and eight players, the teams have two girls and two boys.  If you get the ball in the hoop you get a point. You can shoot in the hoop from behind, in front and the side. The girls mark the girls and the boys mark the boys. Good defence gets rewarded, so if player 1 gets up and defends really close and the player 2 tries to shoot in the hoop player 1's team gets the ball. 
Some things you can't do are:

  • Travel with the ball
  • Whack the ball out of the other person's hand 
  • Bounce the ball
I had lots of fun learning Korfball and Can't wait to give it a try at home.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Zones Athlectics

Kia Ora everyone! Yesterday, the 6th of November I went to zones. I went to zones because In my school athletics I came 3rd in long dista...